Is it just me, or does it feel like this winter is lasting forever? Maybe it’s the fact that I can’t ski this winter because I am recovering from injury, or maybe it’s the fact that I don’t think my immune system has been 100% since the new year rang in… But I’ve definitely been focused on different ways to bring balance and self care into this deep part of winter. My favorite products right now include essential oils for sinuses and inflammation, a CBD muscle salve for my injured shoulder and back, and a hair repair treatment. See the full list below and click for where to purchase.
Stay cozy and warm out their friends. Take care of yourself, spring is just around the corner.
Favorite 5: Winter Treatments
1. AER Natural deodorant- Palo Santo. You guys, I think I may have finally cracked the natural deodorant code! This is by far my favorite natural deodorant I have ever found in my relentless pursuit of natural deodorant over the past decade plus. It has a great application and goes on clear. I think I will try the lavender for summer but I am really loving the palo santo blood orange right now. Shop online at AILLEA.
2. Olaplex- Hair Treatment. Winter can be so dry and harsh on the hair, so this hair treatment is a great way to nourish. I like to leave it on for hours while working on my computer or watching tv. You can even sleep in it overnight.
3. The Super Blend. This moisturizer has quickly become my new favorite. It’s my favorite anti-aging/antioxidant rich product that I use. Benefits include Vitamin C for brightening, Coenzyme Q10 for wrinkles and chia oil for hydration. It also contains astaxanthin . According to AILLEA’s website, Universities studies show that natural astaxanthin (from the microalgae plant), is 65X stronger than Vitamin C & 14X stronger than Vitamin E in combating free radicals Studies have also found astaxanthin enhances the antioxidant actions of vitamin C and E due to synergistic effects. Shop online at AILLEA..
4. Essential Oils, Peppermint, Lemongrass and Rosemary. These are my winter favorites because they all relief stress and/or boost the mood in some way, and all three are great for the digestive system. Peppermint I have been uses for my sinuses as well as to rub on my sore muscles. It’s also great to rub on your stomach if you get acid reflux. A trick I used to use all the time when I had acid reflux. It’s also a great mood lifter, which can be so helpful on those cold, short winter days. Lemongrass is a great anti-inflammatory so I have been also using it on sore muscles. It’s also great for headaches, and I have been using it for my sinus headaches lately. Lemongrass is also great to relief stress. Tax season anyone? And Rosemary. I don’t feel like people use Rosemary as much but she is so fantastic. Rosemary is great for stress, tension and fatigue. I’ve read that some studies show that inhaling Rosemary oil can actually reduce the levels of cortisol (the stress hormone) in your body. Rosemary is also good for relieving pain. (Disclaimer, I am not a trained expert in essential oils. Please do your own research. If you are pregnant please consult a physician before using any essential oils.)
5. CBC Salve. Mary’s Medicinals has been a life saver for me as I recover for my injuries and heal. This version contains CBD and THC so you have to buy it in Colorado (and be 21,) but they also make CBD products from hemp that contain no THC that you can shop on their website. CBD is a fantastic anti-inflammatory. I like to use this salve on my muscles and then layer the lemongrass, peppermint and rosemary oils on top.