It’s hard to believe that May is just around the corner, but with the beginning of May comes Cinco de Mayo! It’s no secret that we love creating dishes with a Mexican flair, so to help you plan ahead for any Cinco de Mayo parties you may have coming up, we’ve rounded up some of our favorite recipes. Whether you’re vegetarian, vegan or a meat eater, we have you covered with gluten-free and corn-free recipes that are sure to satisfy all of your party guests!
1. Chicken Fajita & Rice Soup– This recipe is great for all you busy bees because all you need is one pot! That means fewer dishes to clean afterwards, which is always a time saver. It’s also very easy to double or triple the recipe to serve to bigger groups!
2. Skinny Watermelon Margaritas- Fresh watermelon is what gives this recipe the flavor punch and natural sweetness so you can enjoy your margs with less guilt!
3. Beef Quinoa Taco Salad- Easy and satisfying! This is a great starter or lighter option to serve at a Cinco de Mayo party. Plus, you can easily change up the protein for more variety.
4. Black Bean & Sweet Potato Tacos- Simple and delicious vegetarian option featuring my favorite almond flour tortillas. They taste so good, you won’t even realize they’re gluten free.
5. Coconut Quinoa Salad with Mango Vinaigrette- Another great lighter option that’s vegetarian. This one also features my favorite way to cool quinoa! Bet you can’t guess the secret ingredient!
Be sure to let us know if you try any of these by tagging us on Instagram with hashtag #itsallpoetry!