Summer To Do List
Summer is here and it has me so excited for sunshine and adventure. Check out my Summer To-Do List for this summer. What's on your summer list? Tag us at #ATCsummer when you check one of these off your list for a chance to be featured on the blog.
1. Go camping with a group of friends. This one is in the works for a little Fourth of July camping and boating at Cherry Creek National Park.
2. Host a Backyard Grill out. (casual and often)
3. Hike to a waterfall. In all fairness I have already done this twice in just the past week, but I am not ready to stop. I went to the Grottos outside of Aspen and the waterfalls by Isabelle Glacier.
4. Use only natural sunscreen. This is a big one because there are so many toxins in sunscreen and even worst most natural sunscreens are still rather toxic. To find the sunscreen I will be trying out this weekend at the beach I consulted to EWG and found this Green Goddess sunscreen that I am so excited to try.
5. Read books outside. Like actual books with real pages. Besides who wants to get sunscreen on their iPads or devices?
6. Find the perfect all natural deodorant. Like sunscreen, the not natural stuff is full of icky chemicals. My newest find? Schmidt's natural deodorant. I am obsessed with the lavender sage.
7. Make a watermelon tomato caprese salad. So, I am growing both watermelon, tomatoes and basil, so my goal is to make this salad with all of my garden goodies later in the season. So far the watermelon vine is off to a good start. Hopefully there will be enough to have my watermelon moscow mules to go with it!
8. Pack a gourmet picnic and take to a lake. I think a fancy picnic at Brainard Lake would be so nice. The temperatures are 20 degrees cooler than in the city so that is awesome and there are so many great hikes around there. What to pack on this picnic? Check out my how to pack the perfect gluten free picnic post.
9. Exfoliate weekly with favorite sugar body scrub. Got to keep the skin fresh and detox from all the sun, sunscreen, bug spray, etc. My favorite? Indie Lee's coconut citrus scrub. It features coconut oil which is also great for skin that has seen a little too much sun.
10. Pool day with girlfriends. (lots and often. And with Rose' wine.)
11. Go to an Art museum. I am super excited for the Denver Art Museum's Women in Abstract Expressionism exhibit. It just opened last week and I have been traveling so I haven't been able to go but I plan on checking it out several times. I will also be painting on site at the Denver Art Museum two weekends in July. So I will definitely be soaking in this show many times.
12. Go Paddleboarding. I recently paddleboarded for the first time a few months ago on the beaches of Tulum. I got pointers from Linda Fargo who had just taken the board out before me. I was inspired to try it and I loved it. I am ready to take this passion to some lakes and maybe even an ocean this summer.
Founded by Denver-based artist Laura Krudener, Among the Colors is a lifestyle and community project focused on bringing color and creativity into your life. Featuring original content, collaborations with artists and makers, and guides to inspired living, Among the Colors offers passion and thoughtfulness to help enrich and inspire the art of everyday life. Through artist interviews, fashion profiles on creative women, and food and wellness guides, Among the Colors will curate a Contemporary Bohemian style authentic to it’s roots in Denver, Colorado.