Next weekend, I am hosting our second annual cocktail party and I’m already planning which of my Among the Colors recipes I’ll be making. I love hosting our dearest friends and coming up with healthy and delicious recipes. These recipes are wonderful because almost all of them can be made a day in advance. The avocado hummus and pomegranate guacamole are the only ones I recommend making right before the party. The onion dip is best when made a day in advance. Did I mention all of these recipes are 100% gluten-free?
Without further ado, I give you the best holiday appetizers to serve this season.
Wishing you and yours a fantastic holiday season.
1. Sun-dried Tomato Bacon Goat Cheese Dip | I love this dip because it is just so easy to make, and it is such a crowd pleaser. The fresh herbs give a nice balance to the salty bacon.
2. Roasted Beet Hummus (vegan) | Calling all beet lovers! This one is for you. Okay, even if you’re not a beet fanatic I think you’re going to love this appetizer. This dip served with gluten-free crackers is simply delish!
3. Pomegranate Guacamole (vegan) | I think you would be hard-pressed to find someone that doesn’t love guacamole but I think it’s good to shake things up a bit. Instead of serving the traditional chips and guac, opt for this new take on the dish. Really impress your guests by serving it with grain-free tortilla chips.
4. Old School French Onion Dip (can be vegetarian) | You will be hooked on this dip after just one bite. I am a sucker for sour cream and this dish is creamy and full of flavor!
5. Avocado Hummus (vegan) | Don’t you just love hummus? I know I do, and this one is no exception. This recipe has the perfect contrast between the brightness of the lemon with the zestiness of the cilantro.
Photos by Sara Ford